TONGMYONG UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS ANNOUNCEMENT
About the scholarships:
The International Education and Cooperation Institute of Ho Chi Minh University of Transport collaborated with Tongmyong University is pleased to offer a small number of competitive scholarships for new students. Below you will find information about the scholarships and how to apply.
Who is eligible to apply:
Students of IEC19PL (who will be moved to study in Korea in September 2021) have been studying the subject: Port and Logistics Management – Tongmyong University.
How much the scholarships are:
There are three scholarships including one 100% scholarship and two 50% scholarships. The scholarship is granted as a reduction of the tuition fee and cannot be used as payment towards any deposit required for your programme. In addition, these scholarships will be added into the IELTS scholarships, so the highest scholarship will be up to 100% of total tuition fee at Tongmyong university.
What you need to apply:
Students who apply for these scholarships have to:
- Meet both entrance requirements: IELTS 5.5 above and GPA over 2.0.
- Prepare your documents:
– A full transcript which you have studied at IEC with GPA over 2.0, IELTS 5.5 above
– A form of applying for this scholarship (Download and complete the application form at: Tongmyong Scholarship Application Form.docx)
– An essay of around 800 – 1000 words written on your own to answer the question: What have you learned during this time of your life that you think you’ll take with you post-COVID?
What the applying process is:
Our process includes two rounds:
- Round 1: Applications Review
Students are able to send an email to the International Education and Cooperation Institute via the address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: [IEC19PL_Scholarship]- Full name – Student’s ID
- Your documents have to be formatted in PDF files in order.
- Your essay has to be presented in A4 paper (Portrait, 210 x 297mm)
- You have to follow the format:
- Top: 2.5 cm
- Bottom: 2.5 cm
- Left: 3.5 cm
- Right: 2.0 cm
- Font: Time New Roman
- Size: 13pt
- Line Spacing: 1.3 lines
- Round 2: Interview
- Students are invited to a meeting with our interview panel.
- Duration: 30 minutes per student
- Application: Google Meet
Which criterias help you successfully apply for these scholarships:
- Our process will be carried out transparently, competitively and publicly. Students do not have to pay any fees during their application.
- Our panel assesses students by standards: study results, preparation, intelligence, language ability and confidence.
- The final result is based on GPA (40%), Essay (30%) and Interview (30%).
- Based on this result, the IEC Institute will complete the application procedure for Tongmyong University to grant scholarships to students. The final scholarship award decision is issued by Tongmyong University and it is based on the number of students enrolled, Tongmyong’s scholarship policy framework and the selection results made by the IEC institute.
Timetable for the applying process:
* Notification of interview’s schedule and results will be announced via students’ email.
If you have further questions, please contact us via email: email@example.com
DEAN OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION AND COOPERATION INSTITUTE