About the scholarships:
The International Education and Cooperation Institute of Ho Chi Minh city University of Transport collaborating with Tongmyong University is pleased to offer a number of competitive scholarships for new students. Below you will find information about the scholarships and how to apply.
Who is eligible to apply:
Students of IEC20PL1 (who will be moved to study in Korea in September 2022) majoring in Port and Logistics Management – Tongmyong University.
How much the scholarships are:
There are five scholarships including one 100% scholarship and four 50% scholarships for the first semester at Tongmyong University (scholarship recipients for the other three semesters will be selected later by Tongmyong University). The scholarship is granted as a reduction of the tuition fee in the first semester at Tongmyong University and cannot be used as payment towards any deposit required for your programme. In addition, these scholarships will be added into the IELTS scholarships, so the highest scholarship will be up to 100% of total tuition fee in the first semester at Tongmyong university.
What you need to apply:
Students who apply for these scholarships have to:
- Meet both entrance requirements: IELTS 5.5 above and GPA over 2.0.
- Prepare your documents:
– A full transcript which you have studied at IEC with GPA over 2.0, IELTS 5.5 above
– A form of applying for this scholarship (Download and complete the application form at: Tongmyong Scholarship Application Form.docx
– An essay of around 800 – 1000 words written on your own to answer the question: In your opinion, what are the essential qualities for the youth for the 21st century?
What the applying process is:
Our process includes two rounds:
Round 1: Applications Review
Students are able to send an email to the International Education and Cooperation Institute via the address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: [IEC20PL_Scholarship]- Full name – Student’s ID
- Your documents have to be formatted in PDF files in order.
- Your essay has to be presented in A4 paper (Portrait, 210 x 297mm)
- You have to follow the format:
Top: 2.5 cm
Bottom: 2.5 cm
Left: 3.5 cm
Right: 2.0 cm
+ Font: Time New Roman
+ Size: 13pt
+ Line Spacing: 1.3 lines
2. Round 2: Interview
- Students are invited to a meeting with our interview panel.
- Duration: 30 minutes per student
- Mode: Offline
Which criteria help you successfully apply for these scholarships:
- Our process will be carried out transparently, competitively and publicly. Students do not have to pay any fees during their application.
- Our panel assesses students by standards: study results, preparation, intelligence, language ability and confidence.
- The final result is based on GPA (40%), Essay (30%) and Interview (30%).
- Based on this result, the IEC Institute will complete the application procedure for Tongmyong University to grant scholarships to students. The final scholarship award decision is issued by Tongmyong University and it is based on the number of students enrolled, Tongmyong’s scholarship policy framework and the selection results made by the IEC institute.
Timetable for the applying process:
|Documents and essays||15-07-2022||29-07-2022|
|Result Announcement||03 days after students will have passed the visa.|
* Notification of interview’s schedule and results will be announced via students’ email.
If you have further questions, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
DEAN OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION AND COOPERATION INSTITUTE