About the scholarships:
The International Education and Cooperation Institute of Ho Chi Minh University of Transport collaborating with Tongmyong University is pleased to offer a number of competitive scholarships for new students. Below you will find information about the scholarships and how to apply.
Who is eligible to apply:
Students of IEC20PL (who have been moved to study in Korea in March 2023) have been studying the subject: Port and Logistics Management – Tongmyong University.
How much the scholarships are:
One 100% scholarship for the first semester is offered to one selected student. The scholarship is granted as a reduction of the tuition fee for the first semester and cannot be used as payment towards any deposit required for your programme.
What you need to apply:
Students who apply for these scholarships have to:
- Meet both entrance requirements: IELTS 5.5 above and GPA over 2.0.
- Prepare your documents:
– A full transcript which you have studied at IEC with GPA over 2.0, IELTS 5.5 above
– A form of applying for this scholarship (Download and complete the application form at: Tongmyong Scholarship Application Form)
– A pdf file including your responses to the following questions:
- What difficulties have you faced when you moved to South Korea? How have you overcome them? (maximum 300 words)
- Why do you deserve this scholarship? (maximum 300 words)
- How do you see yourself after graduation? (maximum 300 words)
What the applying process is:
Our process includes two rounds:
Round 1: Applications Review
Students are able to send an email to the International Education and Cooperation Institute via the address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: [IEC20PL_Scholarship]- Full name – Student’s ID
|Dear the International Education and Cooperation Institute,
I would like to kindly send my documents to apply for this scholarship below:
- Your documents have to be formatted in PDF files in order.
- Your essay has to be presented in A4 paper (Portrait, 210 x 297mm)
- You have to follow the format:
- Top: 2.5 cm
- Bottom: 2.5 cm
- Left: 3.5 cm
- Right: 2.0 cm
- Font: Time New Roman
- Size: 13pt
- Line Spacing: 1.3 lines
Round 2: Interview
2 students with highest scores in Round 1 will be invited to a meeting with our interview panel
Duration: 30 minutes per student
Application: Google Meet
Which criterias help you successfully apply for these scholarships:
- Our process will be carried out transparently, competitively and publicly. Students do not have to pay any fees during their application.
- Our panel assesses students by standards: study results, preparation, intelligence, language ability and confidence.
- The Round 1 result is based on GPA (40%), IELTS (20%) and Essay (40%).
- The Round 2 result is based on Content of answer (40%), Non-verbal (30%) and Comprehensibility, fluency and speech (30%).
- Based on this result, the IEC Institute will complete the application procedure for Tongmyong University to grant scholarships to students. The final scholarship award decision is issued by Tongmyong University and it is based on the number of students enrolled, Tongmyong’s scholarship policy framework and the selection results made by the IEC institute.
Timetable for the applying process:
|Documents and essays||27-03-2023||05-04-2023|
* Notification of interview’s schedule and results will be announced via students’ email.
Contact: If you have further questions, please contact us via email: email@example.com